Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-11-2003, 06:15 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
A canister filter question

I found this place in Austin Texas (where i live) that sells a Eheim 2213 for $67.95... You think that this will be strong enough for a 45 gallon breeder tank? or even a regular 55 gallon?

I do have a 20gal hob laying around but i want to use it for a 15gal QT tank... but if the ehiem isnt powerful enough, would those 2 twerkin it together work on a 45 breeder or 55 reg?

TerrellChris2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 12:27 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
I think it would depend on the load in the tank. If you have large fish and or heavy eaters, then it may not be enough. http://www.eheim.com/ That website says that it should be good for 250L. I found a site that says 250L is 65 gallons. http://www.nomoreodor.com/../liters_...conversion.htm
So according to that I think it would be enough. I think the price is right. this site sells 'em for $76 http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...768+2147088522

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 12:35 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to HOLLIEO Send a message via Yahoo to HOLLIEO
If you end up buying one online.... I recommend WWW.bigalsonline.com!!
What a wonderful website and great prices (shipping is really low too!!)
I bought a Eheim 2026 for my 50 gallon Turtle/Goldfish/apple snail tank and I love it!!! I have a huge bio-load with the inhabitants in this tank, but the filter is awesome!!! and super quiet too. Can't go wrong with an Eheim!!! Good luck!!
Aquarium Advice.Com ROCKS!!!!
HOLLIEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 07:00 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to pondmom Send a message via Yahoo to pondmom
I agree w,hollieo,
Bigalsonline.com has the best prices so far that I have seen.
Except for fake plants
petguys.com is CHEAP
Happy Ponding
5000gal + outdoor pond
125 gal FW tank
pondmom is offline   Reply With Quote

canister, canister filter, filter

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com