Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-01-2009, 10:54 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
A Protein Skimmer Question

I have a Octopus-Premium-TS150-Protein-Skimmer and it has seem to really stop making as much foam instead it has more water in than it should. Also the outlet pip gets water everywhere from the water flowing really fast out of it since it points up. Do I need a better skimmer?

cooltop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:58 AM   #2
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
I`ve heard that octopus skimmers are one of the best. I dont have one so we`ll wait till someone comes on that does. Moving this to the General hardware and equipment discussion forum.

melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #3
SW 20 & Over Club

Send a message via ICQ to ccCapt
Check the venturi. It's the hole where the airline plugs into the side of the pump. The hole can get clogged with salt creep and block the air. Less air means less skimmate and more water flowing thru the skimmer.
125g reef
See My Tank Info
Check out The build project
ccCapt is offline   Reply With Quote

protein, protein skimmer, skimmer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com