Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Regular

The first one on your list is almost like what i have. Bridgelux make pretty good LEDs. I have a 40gal long reef (16" deep) with that light. I didn't put any optics on it so the light can spread to the edges and I have it about 8" from the water. I can keep any corals with those. Be warned that LEDs are very strong especially if you have a shallow tank like mine. I have a hard time growing coraline algea were the light hits directly and no it's not my water parameters. Hopefully this little bit of info help. Dimmable is also a nice feature to acclimate new corals when u buy them.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:16 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Activist

They have hangers that attaches to your tank to hang the lights off of. Looks like a upside down "J"

Old 01-13-2013, 01:28 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Activist

eBay is the way to go my friend you can find anything on there if ya have the time. I found my marineland led reef capable on there for 130 bucks. It retails for 499 at my local fish store. Don't give up on it just take your time and save while you look for a light that suits your wants and needs.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Activist

have you tried goreef.com they have 36" tek fixture for $290 no shipping i believe buy most of my stuff there, they are based out of quebec fast shipping and great customer service. the also have the current nova extreme for $270
Old 01-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #25

If your not going to do a reef just because you cant find a light I wouldn't even do a reef as I'm sure you will come up against more problems than finding a light along the way just my opinion
Old 01-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneymike1 View Post
eBay is the way to go my friend you can find anything on there if ya have the time. I found my marineland led reef capable on there for 130 bucks. It retails for 499 at my local fish store. Don't give up on it just take your time and save while you look for a light that suits your wants and needs.
TouchŤ ! I think im gonna buy an led once i get my hanging rack on the stand
Old 01-14-2013, 12:52 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Activist

I currently have a fowlr tank now due to my tank still maturing. The light is amazing and doesn't make the electric bill go through the roof. They Are pricey but if you look in the right places they are cheap. I bid on my light for 12 hrs on eBay! well worth the time and effort. Haha
Old 01-14-2013, 01:05 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneymike1 View Post
I currently have a fowlr tank now due to my tank still maturing. The light is amazing and doesn't make the electric bill go through the roof. They Are pricey but if you look in the right places they are cheap. I bid on my light for 12 hrs on eBay! well worth the time and effort. Haha
How much did u end up paying? The one i want is about 204$ shipped
Old 01-14-2013, 03:06 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Activist

My 47 inch led ran me around 143 plus 35 shipping on eBay
Old 01-14-2013, 10:56 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Wow i think im gonna look for a big fixture bigger then the standard 15"x 8 led fixture

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com