? about UV sterilizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmislak

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I ordered a uv sterilizer for my tank. It has one inlet for water and and outlet where water is returned to the tank. Can i hook this up directly to my cannister filters plumbing so that i do not need to buy a powerhead to operate it?. Meaning i would say hook up the inlet side to the tubing that is coming from my cannister filter back to the tank, and have it run through the sterilizer before it gets back to the tank or should i just get the powerhead and hook it up with that. Thank you

I hooked mine up to my return line and out into the tank. But yes you could hook it up to your canister. Canister side in and out in to the tank. I know it`s supposed to be not so high flow to be able to kill the parasites and algea spores. I know my return line from the return was pretty high flow. Never had a canister to know how fast they are.

I hooked mine up to my return line and out into the tank. But yes you could hook it up to your canister. Canister side in and out in to the tank. I know it`s supposed to be not so high flow to be able to kill the parasites and algea spores. I know my return line from the return was pretty high flow. Never had a canister to know how fast they are.

do you have any pics of how it is set up? i am looking at doing the same thing and running the sterilizer in a similar fashion.

Back
Top Bottom