Ac 110

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello all, my AC 110 crapped out on me. First it started making too much noise.. Then it stopped being able to siphon on its own. When I took it apart I found a piece of plastic in there. At first I thought it was a pen cap but upon closer inspection it seems to be part of the actual filter. What part should I buy to make my filter operable? Or can I just gorilla glue it?

image-2078467063.jpg

Yeah your right, I didn't recognize that part either. Have you ever owned one?

That doesnt look like a filter part. Fill your filter with water dont put thr basket or the strainer on it just the motor. Plug in and see if it runs.

Yes I own 2 of the 110s and several other models. The picture isn't very helpful but I am fairly certain it isn't any part of the filter.

Well I took a real good look at all the parts, I can see on the black piece where it broke off of something but couldn't find where it broke off of. I did find it right on top of the impeller inside of the pick up tube so maybe it is? I looked at the impeller and it looked good ie no cracks or missing fins. I removed the rod and it seemed pretty straight, no grooves or anything. I'm just going to have to replace the motor I guess.. It makes an awful noise when on and just isn't siphoning any water. Thank you all for the replies.

Back
Top Bottom