AC 110 too much for 20g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here's my dilemma I have 2 AC 110's and the wife bought herself a 20g and stand at the LFS. I rather not go and buy another filter as I have 2 that are from established tanks. She wants to do a small community tank with some schooling fish. Not sure what yet. Anyway can I put the 110 on the 20g or it that too much?

I love these AC's!!

EDIT:
Not sure if this comes into play but she wants a heavily planted tank. I'm letting her do her thing I'm just helping along the way... She can do it, I have faith.

Hmm, how many GPH is the 110?

I have a 150 on a 10 Gallon, and that's IMO barely overfiltering...

It will be fine but I do not think it's sufficient filtration.

(If 110= 110GPH)

Hmm, how many GPH is the 110?

I have a 150 on a 10 Gallon, and that's IMO barely overfiltering...

It will be fine but I do not think it's sufficient filtration.

(If 110= 110GPH)

the aquaclear 110 is actually 500 gph

Oh.

That's great filtration then!

Medium flow with plants breaking the output will do ;))

that'll be fine... if it's wisking everything around too much turn it on its lowest setting. but, if i've got my facts right, puffers generally can't handle too much flow... so be a little careful.

I don't think she's doing puffers :p I don't think a puffer tank is plantable either , lol.

QuietPlotter said:
I don't think she's doing puffers :p I don't think a puffer tank is plantable either , lol.

Yeah she changed her mine. (head spinning) she likes those little neons and other tiny little fish. All colorful. She wants some of those and a lot of plants. She's new to the hobby like me so she's on the PC every night looking at fish. It's cute. I'm letting her pick her fish and do her thing. Of course I'll step in if I see an issues. She has a vision.

Heavily planted, thin twig like DW with moss around it and moss balls.

So bottom line... The 110 I can use so I don't have to buy another filter? Like I said I have 2 110's already.

Tell her to join AA!!!!!! We would love to meet mrs. Convict! Lol.

She will change you into a community fish tank man. ;) ya i think you can use the 110 on a 20

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Tell her to join AA!!!!!! We would love to meet mrs. Convict! Lol.

She will change you into a community fish tank man. ;)

Haha me?! NEVER!! Cichlids for the win!! FTW!! lol. She's right next to me laughing lol. Now she's looking up guppys.

Hahahahah cichlids are pretty sick, no doubt about that! You can have your platoon, and she can have her nice and peaceful schooling fish ;)

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Hahahahah cichlids are pretty sick, no doubt about that! You can have your platoon, and she can have her nice and peaceful schooling fish ;)

Yup! I'm making fun of her! Haha I told her take my frontosas.

Hahaha nice! :) anyways, i think about 7 neons and 7 other type of tetras would be very cool in her 20. Maybe glowlights, cardinals, lemons, rummy nose tetras? Just some ideas :) haha guppys are cool, but IMO they are not as hardy as certain tetras. I have had my glowlights for like 7 months, never lost one :)

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Hahaha nice! :) anyways, i think about 7 neons and 7 other type of tetras would be very cool in her 20. Maybe glowlights, cardinals, lemons, rummy nose tetras? Just some ideas :) haha guppys are cool, but IMO they are not as hardy as certain tetras. I have had my glowlights for like 7 months, never lost one :)

I will pass all this along to her so she can spend hours online reading about each one lol. It's a good thing though. So I'll just use one of my 110's

She could do a mix.

Plant heavily with a variety of plants and make 2-3 small caves with flat stones in between.

I would add:

1 Bolivian Ram

1 German Blue Ram or another Bolivian [pair]

4 Otos

Shrimp

:eek:

Please tell Mrs. Convict I said hi, and that she is about to start liking my signature when she gets started.

Lol.

Back
Top Bottom