AC 70 help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kvnr14

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am currently setting up a 55g, just was wondering if the aquaclear 70 has enough gas exchange to make it where I dont need a air pump? I also want to point out that I don't like leaving the waterline lower then the rim of the tank. Idk if the filter is actually agitating the water surface enough. I have 2 AC 70's on a 55g.

I actually have that exact setup. 55 gallon with 2 AC70 filters. It's been working great for me. No problems.

Depends how lazy I am being. :lol:

I prefer to have the tank filled to the top. Looks better and is much quieter.

I have two AC-70's on my 75gal with my water all the way up to the rim ... getting plenty of agitation.

Thanks, one more question for you aquaclear 70 gangsters, what do you guys put in it? I don't like using carbon so I replaced it with more bio max. What do you guys run?

Out of curiosity -- getting back into the hobby, I have a 55g but only one AC 70 on it -- it works great ... Besides the obvious, what is the benefit or need for having another AC 70 on the same tank?

Thanks!

Thanks, one more question for you aquaclear 70 gangsters, what do you guys put in it? I don't like using carbon so I replaced it with more bio max. What do you guys run?

In all honesty, I skipped the extra bio-max and added 100% poly-fill for extra mechanical filtration. That stuff is excellent to polish your water(y). Replaced my carbon with it.

Out of curiosity -- getting back into the hobby, I have a 55g but only one AC 70 on it -- it works great ... Besides the obvious, what is the benefit or need for having another AC 70 on the same tank?

Thanks!

Extra filtration, especially if one dies, the other's backup. In your case, if the AC-70's doing the job, no critical need to add another. I had to run a second AC-70 since running just one for a coupe of months meant constant filter maintenance. The media would just get so dirty .., but it held it's own in my 75gal.

However with two, what you can do is run a bunch of ceramic media on one ... Along with the foam block ... and stuff the other to the gills with the foam block and 100% Poly-fill to really polish your water.

Good ideas/points -- thanks... Will likely pick up another for poly next sale around!

Back
Top Bottom