Ack! Hood broke. Need replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RightTurnClyde

Aquarium Advice Freak
My cheap hood broke. It came with the Aqueon 10G kit that I got (before I learned how to do all this stuff.) The light socket connection just decided to detach and fall right out. Poor design that couldn't take the humidity, I'm guessing. :facepalm:

I'm thinking a glass top and a light to put over that. Found some on Amazon with good reviews, but I'd like to get some recommendations from you all first. Any suggestions for a reliable replacement top/lighting for a 20 X 10 tank?

My cheap hood broke. It came with the Aqueon 10G kit that I got (before I learned how to do all this stuff.) The light socket connection just decided to detach and fall right out. Poor design that couldn't take the humidity, I'm guessing. :facepalm:

I'm thinking a glass top and a light to put over that. Found some on Amazon with good reviews, but I'd like to get some recommendations from you all first. Any suggestions for a reliable replacement top/lighting for a 20 X 10 tank?

I like the folding glass top. But also aqueon has a10 gallon florescent hood that isn't as crappy a the one that comes with the kit

I love love love the versa tops for tanks! They are pretty sturdy and not flimsy like the plastic tops. I honestly couldn't tell you about the lighting itself, but for a top, definitely versa tops. :)

Cool. I went ahead and ordered a versa top and a Marineland single bright LED for the light. I figure it should be plenty bright for my 10 gallon and some low light plants. Plus, the "moonlight" setting looks like it will be fun to play with.

Back
Top Bottom