Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-13-2014, 11:18 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ack! Hood broke. Need replacement

My cheap hood broke. It came with the Aqueon 10G kit that I got (before I learned how to do all this stuff.) The light socket connection just decided to detach and fall right out. Poor design that couldn't take the humidity, I'm guessing.

I'm thinking a glass top and a light to put over that. Found some on Amazon with good reviews, but I'd like to get some recommendations from you all first. Any suggestions for a reliable replacement top/lighting for a 20 X 10 tank?

Old 03-14-2014, 08:22 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightTurnClyde View Post
My cheap hood broke. It came with the Aqueon 10G kit that I got (before I learned how to do all this stuff.) The light socket connection just decided to detach and fall right out. Poor design that couldn't take the humidity, I'm guessing.

I'm thinking a glass top and a light to put over that. Found some on Amazon with good reviews, but I'd like to get some recommendations from you all first. Any suggestions for a reliable replacement top/lighting for a 20 X 10 tank?
I like the folding glass top. But also aqueon has a10 gallon florescent hood that isn't as crappy a the one that comes with the kit

Old 03-14-2014, 08:34 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I love love love the versa tops for tanks! They are pretty sturdy and not flimsy like the plastic tops. I honestly couldn't tell you about the lighting itself, but for a top, definitely versa tops.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:16 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Cool. I went ahead and ordered a versa top and a Marineland single bright LED for the light. I figure it should be plenty bright for my 10 gallon and some low light plants. Plus, the "moonlight" setting looks like it will be fun to play with.

Tags
hood

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com