acrylic scratch repair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As far as I know...the water has to be emptied to work out scratches inside the tank. For outside, there are several types of scratch removing kits you can buy. These include bottles of liquid that need to be buffed over the scratches. Some kits include a buff pad. Advancement in technology seems to have skipped this area of aquarium keeping...LOL. I understand your frustration.

I bought this stuff because my tank got scratched trying to get the monster in the house. I expected to be buffing for 15 minutes but scratch was gone in 30 seconds. I was amazed. Great stuff. Advancement in technolgogy is right on schedule with this stuff :D Not sure if this is the same guy I bought from but it is the right stuff.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Novus-123-Acryl...ryZ20756QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I promise you the stuff I posted above is better than sand paper. I am guessing it has some kind of polymer etc to fill the scratch because there is not way I buffed enough to physically remove the scratch.

I did find underwater buffers to fix scratches but they are like 80 bucks so i am just living with the scratch for now i bookmarked them i will try to find it again i will post back but they are out there

OUCH! Pricey. You should be able to get the same grit paper they have through a auto paint shop. It is the paper they use for wet sanding.

Back
Top Bottom