actin-blue lights??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I copied this from liveaquaria.

"Actinic Light - Light emissions from actinic bulbs are predominantly from the blue end of the color spectrum. Produces photochemical reactions and simulate light conditions necessary for proper coral growth. These bulbs are ideal for reef aquariums and are best when used with a timer to recreate dawn and dusk lighting conditions. "

i dont have corals yet but i do intend on getting some soon. So probly good idea to keep mine for when i do get corals.

Out of the light spectrum blue is the main color that penetrates to the corals. I have VHO lighting and have two 160 watt super actinic and two 160 watt 50/50 bulbs. Here is a pic of them.

100_0972.JPG

are those adapters you have plugged in to the bulbs i have 4-pin plgus as well and was wondering how i could get higher wattage bulbs for the hoood i have

hmm i wonder if theres a way to adapt my hood to take higher watt bulbs ive spent 300 on it so im nto going to buy a diff. one now lol

Back
Top Bottom