Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmac1972 View Post
I have seen a video on YouTube with that set up. He had a marineland single bright in back of his florescent...is that the set up you have and if so how does it look?
Funny you should say that right now I have I had marine land double bright LED behind my stock fluorescent and it just stays hidden and isn't noticeable I like to start one in front to keep that fresh normal look. There isn't even a bulb in the fluorescent stock thing now. I don't have any top on the tank either just Ally DN like strip if it's there fine. Also prior to the setup I had used a glass top with Marine land double bright in back With the stock fluorescent hood in front of it with no bulb in it and under it where bulb goes i I placed a LED light strip it just sat there under it on the glass hidden. The pic below was with the double Bright in back and the blue LED under the stock holder in front look at the cool blue gives it. Sorry if there's a bunch of typos I'm using the talk to text
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2129614865.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	172664  

Old 05-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Tank looks great... I may try that setup... I don't want to lose the oak look with a black top ... I like the 50/50 look but am looking for a little more effect... Took a picture with my iPhone... But lighting is way better in person...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1555753760.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	172665

Old 05-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmac1972 View Post
Tank looks great... I may try that setup... I don't want to lose the oak look with a black top ... I like the 50/50 look but am looking for a little more effect... Took a picture with my iPhone... But lighting is way better in person...
Nice setup! Love the rock work. What kinda substrate?
Old 05-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

It was cichlid sand with the live bacteria ... It's black and white but the picture is crappy.... The fish love it and it is easy cleanup

Tags
actinic

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com