Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-24-2005, 08:57 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to FlyingL0
Added a Sump

Added a 10g sump this weeked... DIY ofcourse

47G Bow, 45# Live Rock, DSB, 10g Sump w/ LR Rubble, AquaC Remora Pro, 2 Maxijet 900(s), Clean Up Crew - (7) Scarlet Hermits, (2) Emerald Crab, (11) Turbo Snails, (3) Nassarius Snails, (1) Fighting Conch, (1) Sand Sifting Star, (1) Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

* (2) Yellow Tail Damsel
* (2) Percula Clow
FlyingL0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 08:59 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

I have to get a smalled heater and I have the foam in the bubble trap till every thing settles in. I had tons of micro bubbles going into the main so the foam was a quick fix.

47G Bow, 45# Live Rock, DSB, 10g Sump w/ LR Rubble, AquaC Remora Pro, 2 Maxijet 900(s), Clean Up Crew - (7) Scarlet Hermits, (2) Emerald Crab, (11) Turbo Snails, (3) Nassarius Snails, (1) Fighting Conch, (1) Sand Sifting Star, (1) Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

* (2) Yellow Tail Damsel
* (2) Percula Clow
Old 07-24-2005, 09:07 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Looks good.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:31 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

The only issue I am having is the water coming into the sump. It comes in so fast its bubbling up the water causing microbubbles to get into the main. Thats the reason for the foam. Any way to smooth the transition. I have 4lbs of LR rubble in thats section now and I have room to add more. Would more rock defuse the flow?

* (2) Yellow Tail Damsel
* (2) Percula Clow
Old 07-25-2005, 12:18 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

That's a great setup....looks a lot like mine actually! I have heard some recommend an upside down tupperware container with holes all over it to help diffuse flow. I just added more live rock rubble in mine though, and it works just fine. Might try more LR rubble

Tags
sump

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com