adding a second HOB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JPKeenan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Was just wondering how other people have done it to a 20 or 29g tank. The few lids I have do not have space for a second filter...

...Can you just use a Dremil and take the cuts on the other side of the lid?

the ones I have for the 20 and 29g only have them on the one side where I have my first filter. I want to get ready to cycle two new tanks. I might just make a template and mark out the size of the hole on the other side. Then use the Dremil to cut it.

Now I have to make some places to put the tanks (grrr)! My apartment is running out of room quickly.

do what i did... trade them all for a big one. Ive got a 125, four 55's, a 30, and a 10... i am selling three 55's, the 30, and maybe the 10 (might keep it for qt).. ill have almost as much gallonage as before, and much more space :) plus my 125 looks AWESOME

If you don't have the premade notched areas, you can easily just use a dremel as long as you don't mess up the structure.

One of the 20g lids I have is scored to add a second one.

Only reason I am asking is to make it easier to hang a second filter to make a quick cycle with an already cycled media filter.

hehehe have the Dremil charging right now. Wanting to run the extra filters in two tanks so they will be good to go when I am ready.

Back
Top Bottom