Adding a sump, got a question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redfisher1139

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm going to be, in the next week or so, adding a 10 gallon sump to my 30 gallon reef. I was wondering if it would be feasible to run my AC70 down there also, or should I just leave it up in the display tank? The reason for making the switch is many (ie get the equipment out of the display, more volume, more lr, and to baffle the bubble from this darn skimmer.).

If you adding a sump, why would you continue to run a HOB filter? Regardless, given the turnover volume of the AC70, I doubt that it would work well in a 10gal sump.

If you adding a sump, why would you continue to run a HOB filter?

Mainly because I spent the money on it. No, really, I was not planning on putting a media section in the sump, so I figured hanging onto it, I would have somewhere to run any temp media if necessary.

I see. I think you will have to continue to run it off the DT then. Personally, I would put a media section in the sump, but that is just me.

If you can fit it on the sump I would put it there. What media do you need to run?

If you can fit it on the sump I would put it there. What media do you need to run?

Really? I've never run the 70, but its got to turn over what a couple hundred gallons of water per hour? I would think it would pull heavily against the return pump in a 10 gallon sump.

Nevermind. Figured out the only way I can put anything bigger than a 5 gallon under there is to remove the display tank and lower it into the stand, so that project will have to wait for a while.

Back
Top Bottom