Adding new filter to current filter and tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dora'sfishtank

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all, my Aquatech filter has been giving me grief, and I bought a new one to replace it . It's a good 10 yrs old, it lived a good life. I bought the same model and size "50" for a 40 gal established tank with angels in it.

LFS lady recommended running both filters for awhile. I have the old one going full steam, the new one on a lower flow. I have no issue leaving the old one up there for awhile while the new filter settles in and grows the good stuff.

Thoughts? Am I overpowering my angels with the flow?

Any suggestions welcome.

Hello all, my Aquatech filter has been giving me grief, and I bought a new one to replace it . It's a good 10 yrs old, it lived a good life. I bought the same model and size "50" for a 40 gal established tank with angels in it.

LFS lady recommended running both filters for awhile. I have the old one going full steam, the new one on a lower flow. I have no issue leaving the old one up there for awhile while the new filter settles in and grows the good stuff.

Thoughts? Am I overpowering my angels with the flow?

Any suggestions welcome.

Shouldn't be an issue for the Angels as long as there is a dead spot for them if they do need a rest from the current.

If the media from your old filter is still in good condition, why don't you just move the media over to the new filter and keep the new media for when you need to replace them?

I will take a closer look and see if that can work, there is a tiny size difference but we should be close. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom