Adding rock wall background to a running tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rfirman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is there any way to add a interesting back ground that looks like a rock wall to a running saltwater tank?

I ordered the one on amazon and installed it in my tank and siliconed it in. It was nice until the glass behind it started turning ugly and I had a snail infestation with them breeding behind it.

A old man I met that bred and sold fish told me to put it outside the tank...I was like Huh??

Needless to say I did a full cleanout and mounted it in the back of my tank outside of the water. It looks great and you cannot even tell its on the outside...

Ya I want something actually in tank though

I have recently bought a tank with a 3d background.

The background just fits in place, it's in 4 pieces and all fits together, similar to a jigsaw, if you can buy a sheet of it you can do the same for your tank, cut it to fit - this saves gluing and makes it possible to remove for cleaning, should you fancy it.

I think personally however i am going to use a standard background picture as the 3d one just looks like it could be quite a 'crap trap'.

Back
Top Bottom