advice for New heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Need advice for my 180litre tank the thermostat I had in was a 200 for my jewel Rio but the temp at night was dropping really low so I went out & bought a new one which is a jewel 300 but the temp is dropping at night still, it goes from 27 during the day to 25 at night. Does anyone else have this problem? Is it ok for my fish. Thanks any feedback would be appreciated.

Usually stability is what you want when it comes to temp. I dont know how much of a degree change that is in farenheit but as long as you can keep it within a couple degrees you should be OK. What happens if you raise it a degree or two?

Tried that it gets far to hot during the day, I,ll just keep an eye on it. Thought buying an new one would have improved the problem but it hasn't. Thanks

I also have a juwel rio 180 tank and my temperature fluctuates slightly from around 27-28 During the day to 25 at night, my fish are fine and healthy so I don't think it matters too much. If I remember correctly I read somewhere once that as long as its not more than 5 degrees up or down or a very sudden temperature change then it's ok but don't quote me on that :) hope that helps some

Back
Top Bottom