Advice on a good SILENT pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick862

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all, so over the years iv used cheap and not so cheep return pumps, recently I have bought a 3500lp red devil pump which was silent but the head pressure was a lot less than stated on the box so that's now running my reactors. I then bought a second hand eheim compact 5000lp pump, this is great for flow but gives a load hum. Seems to be getting louder as time goes on, maybe it's coming to the end of its life?
What pumps are going to serve me for years to come? It needs to be 4000lp and silent, really silent. I prepared to pay for the right pump as long as it does the job. Any ideas thanks

Sent from my SM-T230 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Look into jeboa dc pumps!
They really quiet.
They are digitally controlled for speed.
They transfer less heat then most other return pumps.
I run the big ones (12,000lph) and they are still the quiest pump I have ever owned or been around.
Jebao Pump | eBay
Hit DC pumps.

I use all mine submerged .

Before spending more money, take the pump apart and clean it. Put some felt or something under the pump to absorb the vibration going on. There are was to manage a sound before spending more money.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I agree the Jebao dc pumps are quiet, but I got one for a friend and it failed after just a few months. I've had my fair share of Jebao power heads quit on me also. I would stay away from this company if you can afford it. I found "Quiet One" pumps to be quiet.
Lifegard Aquatics Quiet One Pro Series Aquarium Pump

I'm running a Q1 6000 on my tank right now and can't hear it. I can't speak for head loss because I haven't measured the gph after, but it seems to be doing the job.

I got a fluval sea SP2 for my 90 gallon. Quiet as can be and very little heat output. My only regret is not getting the sp4.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom