Advice on use of Powerheads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edevingo

Aquarium Advice Regular
So a few days ago I purchased a larger tank and it's 110g and 6ft long. I'm running a Marlin Cascade canister with UV sterilizer. In my 60g I have a smaller Marlin Canister which pushes the water just fine. The water in the new tank though is way to still,just doesn't look right. So Ive never used Powerheads so need some advice on brands, placement ect.. oh and it houses cichlids. Which I do have a bubbler in there mainly because some of them seem to enjoy riding the current from the bottom straight up to the top. (It's actually very amusing to watch)
Thanks!!

What do you have for substrate? Are you trying to create current or just limit dead spots?

I like the Jeboa CP 25 and 40 cross flow for my big tanks..
I use the CP 40 in my 180..It is digitally controlled so you can adjust it and its electric consumption. It also has wave settings and other features...

What do you have for substrate? Are you trying to create current or just limit dead spots?
I have black sand, it's heavier than the "cichlid" natural substrate which I have in my 40g and can't stand due to it constantly moving and on everything. This sand doesn't kick up so to speak like the other stuff.
I have a allot of rock work and since the tank is so much bigger it seems that there's no water movement and waste is just sitting and not getting pulled by the filter. So I guess dead spots? Do Africans Prefer current? Since I've moved them they seem almost to calm,I don't know if its because they have so much more space or that the water is to still.

I like the Jeboa CP 25 and 40 cross flow for my big tanks..
I use the CP 40 in my 180..It is digitally controlled so you can adjust it and its electric consumption. It also has wave settings and other features...
So I purchased the Jeboa and I thought it was funny, my cichlids didn't. Actually my Electric Blue Hap tried to jump out the tank at me. My males have females and they spawn ect.. So it's set up isn't just hardscape. Set it up Turn it on and omg they didn't know what to do. I kept adjusting it trying to see if it woukd help but they where getting blown away no matter what. Should've video tapped it lol. Anyways thanks for the recommendation but think my guys like calm water.

Back
Top Bottom