advise on LED lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

francis

Aquarium Advice Freak
First off I would like to say I'm sorry for all the questions regarding lights, I've gone from cheapo lights to name brand to all different sizes and features. I swear (hoping that my question gets answered) this will be my last light thread :flowers:

I was about to buy a 24 or 36" T5 HO for my 29" tank but after considering the costs $200 + xx for a chiller and bulbs, I am considering LED lights.

I do not know how to choose a LED light and what I should look for such as (individual reflectors, timers, # of bulbs, and all the other things I learned regarding T5's)
Can someone possibly steer me in the right direction in choosing a good LED fixture? I wanted to be able to house most corals even if I did not buy the most light demanding one. I was hoping to keep it in the mid $300 range. Thank you :(:facepalm:

My experience has been pretty positive with my LEDs. I use the marineland reef capable LEDs. They are quite bright and my corals enjoy the lights. However, I have a 24x24x24 60g cube, and it isn't enough light to cover the whole tank. The maximum width "range" of the lights is 1 ft so I use another 96w pc fixture to supplement the soft corals in the back of the tank. The pcs also help to break up the light of the LEDs, which can be like spotlights almost, so it provides a better overall color. I hope this is of some help. This is what works best for me.

Back
Top Bottom