aghhh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mastershake

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was at petco today with my freind and this guy he knows that deals with fish and all this came up to us...i was at the time looking at a 75 gallon tank to upgrade my 29 into, but anyways, this guy started talking to us and said he could get me tanks cheap because he knows this guy that owns a store, and i told him i worked at a store and was looking for like a used tank really cheap, anyways,

he started to make these outrageously stupid arguments with me about how my boss doesnt put the correct new age scientific names on all the africans, i told him that it was prolly because he doesnt have the time to study every single name and he also has been doing it forever, so its not like the names are wrong...just a lil outdated, and im sure if they actually are, theres only like 1 or 2 or something out of the 350 tanks we have, its not really a big deal anyways, since he goes by common names a lot, well since theres so many different names for fish and all this, does this complaint even sound worth arguing over? also even if has some outdated ones, wouldnt the person that knows the scientific name know what their looking for and know the old names and stuff if you pay that much attention to the scientific names? it just seems like he needed to argue since i said that his freinds store is disoragnized and hard to find stujff in :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :arrow:

Just being a a$$##le I'm sure. Some people argue for the sake of argueing. They are really kind of funny IMO. Who cares what the sci name is. It's a yellow tang and who cares what the scientific name is.

yes! thats my point, he was just being dumb, and hes in some aquarium society, and he knows everything, and blah blah blah, people are so weird

I can't even pronounce half of those names so I don't even try. I go by the name they are usually called, and 90 percent of my customers do that as well.

I do have some customers that ask for fish by the scientifice name, and they are usually jerks who are trying to show off.

Back
Top Bottom