AI Hydra 52 EXT Rail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReefBoy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I purchased an AI 52 along with an AI 26 for my 120 gallon reef tank (60x18x24)
First off I love the lights!! excellent coverage and excellent control!!

My problem is. I purchased the EXT rail mount along with 2, 18 inch, rails for the lights to connect and hang from the single EXT Rail. I saw a couple videos on Youtube where they had 2, AI 52's, on one EXT Rail mount, and I loved the look of this setup!!

So I set it up from 9P.M. Yesterday until 4A.M. this morning. ( I didn't have much room to work with when drilling the oles in the wood stand.) The 48in. rail that goes on the side of the tank vertically is perfect and very strong! But the 2 bars on the top do not hold the weight of the 2 fixtures. The AI 52 is mounted closest to the vertical bar, due to weight.

My question is. Is it possible that I am missing something?? Is there supposed to be an L-Bracket made of steel to connect the vertical bar, to the horizontal bar, which are holding the lights?

Please respond ASAP. Half my reef tank will have to go without lighting today due to the lack of knowledge I have on the EXT Rail.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom