AI Hydra Twnety Six

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgerton

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So, I was sold this light by the fish store (Big Al's in Whitby) for a freshwater aquarium. I have just learned in the fresh water getting started forum that this is actually quite a powerful light for growing reefs (Big Al's did not explain this at the time of purchase).

So, my question is.... because we are growing all kinds of Algae (thanks to this light)... what % should i set my light levels at?

I think we may just take this back because it is clearly (in hindsight) not the right light for my tank. Should i just take it back and get something a little more 'normal?' Or can I work with this even in a fresh water tank?

Oh, and I know this is a saltwater forum... I just thought since my light is technically inteded for salt water use I may get help more efficiently here.

Thanks in advance.

Ok, for now I have set all the colours to 20% and have set UV to 0%. Does a freshwater tank require UV? Previously they were all set for 80%.

Does anyone know if the numbers I posted are good for my freshwater tank?

Back
Top Bottom