Ai sol lighting schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrwizard

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone, I have 2 ai sol led units on my 90gal reef, I've seen loads of threads on other forums about lighting schedules and they are all different, just wondering if anyone on here as ai sols and what your lighting schedule is and what intensity do you run your lights at? Thanks for any replies.

mrwizard said:
Hello everyone, I have 2 ai sol led units on my 90gal reef, I've seen loads of threads on other forums about lighting schedules and they are all different, just wondering if anyone on here as ai sols and what your lighting schedule is and what intensity do you run your lights at? Thanks for any replies.

I have the AI SOL BLUE on my biocube 29. I'd have to go through the whole module to give exact run down but in short they start at 7am and slowly ramp up to 12:00pm where there set for whites at 50% and blues at around 78% and royal blues at 82% then it slowly ramps down to 5:00pm where whites lower to 10% I forget what the blues and royal blues are but they are higher then the whites. Then at 8:00pm no whites and just a hint of blue and royal blue for moonlight effect then at 3:00am total darkness. Until 7:00am when it starts over again.

Everything is on a very slow ramp schedule and you can hardly see the change. I spent over an hour with an AI Tech to get it just the way I wanted it for my tank. The tech was very helpful and I think we nailed it. We did do a acclimation period which we extended just to give the fish and coral time to adjust. Now when adding coral I just go back to the acclimation program and repeat.

Hope this helps a little :)

Awesome light btw... I love mine!

image-2289650839.jpg

image-2178448506.jpg

image-2274832910.jpg

Convict2161 said:
I have the AI SOL BLUE on my biocube 29. I'd have to go through the whole module to give exact run down but in short they start at 7am and slowly ramp up to 12:00pm where there set for whites at 50% and blues at around 78% and royal blues at 82% then it slowly ramps down to 5:00pm where whites lower to 10% I forget what the blues and royal blues are but they are higher then the whites. Then at 8:00pm no whites and just a hint of blue and royal blue for moonlight effect then at 3:00am total darkness. Until 7:00am when it starts over again.

Everything is on a very slow ramp schedule and you can hardly see the change. I spent over an hour with an AI Tech to get it just the way I wanted it for my tank. The tech was very helpful and I think we nailed it. We did do a acclimation period which we extended just to give the fish and coral time to adjust. Now when adding coral I just go back to the acclimation program and repeat.

Hope this helps a little :)

Awesome light btw... I love mine!

Thanks that helps a lot I have the ai sol blues 2- I wasn't sure if whites need to be higher than the blues, I prefer the blue colour so that's good.
Also wasn't sure about the acclimation period and whether I'd have to go back to it everytime I add a fish or coral so that clears that up for me.
I might see if i can speak to an ai tech, every little helps i guess.
Do you use the lightning effect at all? I'm not too sure whether I'm gonna use it or not.
And I agree, I love these lights, so glad I put the extra money towards them. Thanks for the reply.

Glad I could help. After much debate on other forums.... Yes I do use the lighting effect. I have it set to 1 storm at a 20% chance. Have you tried it? Pretty cool! Just watch your fish, I they start to freak out then don't do it or just do it manually every so often to get them use to it. In nature there able to swim deeper and or hide. In our tanks they only have so far to go but I've watched my guys and they don't seem phased by it in the least.

Also I would say yes, for sure call a tech from AI there awesome and very very knowledgeable. I told them the dimensions of the tank,fish and corals I wanted to keep and they offered up a full ramp up and down cycle. I tweaked it just a little to fit my visual preference, I wanted a little more blues and royal blues and for moonlight I upped the blues by like 2%. You'll see what I mean...

But never the less they were a GREAT help!

Enjoy the light!!

Last edited:
Convict2161 said:
Glad I could help. After much debate on other forums.... Yes I do use the lighting effect. I have it set to 1 storm at a 20% chance. Have you tried it? Pretty cool! Just watch your fish, I they start to freak out then don't do it or just do it manually every so often to get them use to it. In nature there able to swim deeper and or hide. In our tanks they only have so far to go but I've watched my guys and they don't seem phased by it in the least.

Also I would say yes, for sure call a tech from AI there awesome and very very knowledgeable. I told them the dimensions of the tank,fish and corals I wanted to keep and they offered up a full ramp up and down cycle. I tweaked it just a little to fit my visual preference, I wanted a little more blues and royal blues and for moonlight I upped the blues by like 2%. You'll see what I mean...

But never the less they were a GREAT help!

Enjoy the light!!

Yeah I know what you mean, I've seen a whole lot of different schedules and intensities on othe forums.
I have tried the lightning effect but the tank had no water so it lit up the whole room, gonna see if its any different now I have the tank filled.
Gonna try get hold of an ai tech next week after the bank holiday.
Thanks again, you've been a great help.

Back
Top Bottom