Air Pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lifeoffroad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay everyone, I need an air pump that is super quite and stays that way over time. What is the best air pump to get?

I agree the blue tetra whispers are pretty quiet and stay quiet. However I found that the bubbles going through the water and popping at the surface is what was causing all the annoying noise to me so I just stopped using air pumps.

Are you guys referring to the whispers that have legs on them? I think that's what im going with.

Yep they have lil legs on them and are blue on top black on the bottom I have 6 running right now in my fish room and I can barely hear them just the bubbles is all I hear. They have been running for two years haven't broke yet(knock on wood):)

Discusapisto said:
Yep they have lil legs on them and are blue on top black on the bottom I have 6 running right now in my fish room and I can barely hear them just the bubbles is all I hear. They have been running for two years haven't broke yet(knock on wood):)

Wow 2 years. Im sold.

Lifeoffroad said:
Wow 2 years. Im sold.

Just a tip though make sure your pump is powerful enough for the application your using if you have a deep tank and your trying to push a 12 inch bubble wand or like item with a pump with a weak rating it will burn out fast from trying to push air all that way. Just one example but just get one rated for your tank better yet go one higher than what's rated for your size tank.

Back
Top Bottom