Air pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_doc

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone know of any brand of small air pump that is not of the vibrator variety? If so what brand and do you have a online link for them?

Although they are diaphram pumps, you might look at the Dolphin air pumps. They are put out by Won Brothers. I ordered a Dolphin 3 for a maintenance customer and am very impressed with it. You can't hear it run and, on it's lowest setting, it's driving two 12" long airstones in a 55gal tank.

Thanks for the suggestions but I was actually looking for it for a project at work. The diaphram pumps send out varied pressure so I would have to set up a small pressure chamber between the pump and bleed valve to equalize the pressure and send a constant flow of air.

OK, I can get a small piston pump. It's a two cylinder belt driven thing that is basically a small scale air compressor. I expect it would be a bit loud...let me know if that would suit your needs.

pm me with the cost and airflow/pressure or other stats you have access to on the pump and Ill check the numbers out at work next week and let you know.

Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom