Air pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scarf

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can any1 here recommend a good air pump for me? I have tried Renas and Resuns and I didn't find both of them that good (for Rena, I bought it for its "silent operation" but it ended up being loud and having poor output. The Resun was a bit louder, lot cheaper, but after a few months, the output went very poor)

Also, when an air pump starts to reduce its output, is it generally something with the diaphragm or something like that in the pump? Should you look around for those repair kits, or would you might as well just buy a new pump?

Thanks

I have had pretty good luck with the Rena air pumps myself. I use several including one 300, a couple of 200s and occasionally some 100s. When the output goes down I use the repair kits to replace the diaphragm and valves and the pump is as good as new.

I have had good experience with Renas as well...perhaps you got a lemon? I also like Zoobekos and I understand that the new Whispers are supposed to be pretty good, too.

Thanks for the replies.

I suppose I just have to find a repair kit for them. Maybe it's just due to wear and tear that mine haven't been that good

Back
Top Bottom