air pump, battery operated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pucknut

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
do u guys and gals, with smaller tanks, 30 gallons or less, use an air pump when u lose electricity?...if u do, which one do u use????

I don't know what kind of battery operated air pump I have because there was only one to chose from at the LFS :roll: I have used it when moving and it worked well. I have never lost power long enough to use my air pumps at home.

I have two of the Hagen battery powered air pumps. They are LOUD and fit together like crap. The D batteries have a tendency to pop out once you try to put them in as well. I would never buy another one. Unfortunately I bought of them at the same time :(

The PennPlax pumps look pretty nice. They plug into the wall and when a power loss occurs, they automatically turn on and use the battery power.

I used the Hagens until last summer when we lost power for 4days Then it became a generator and extension cords. :)

We have an Azzo double "nonstop" model.
It has an option for intervals, which helps save its 2 hour battery life aand make it 3-4 hours. It is also very quiet (i really like that in a pump!)

Back
Top Bottom