Air Pump - Less flow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ForZiE

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have just brought an air pump to add more oxygen to my tank. The current air stone is creating large bubbles and in a strange way looks aggressive pumping / making the oxygen.

Sorry if that's sounds a bit daft! But basically if I get a different air stone would this steady this up or control it more so or is it controlled by the pump flow rate? It's only a small pump and a 100 ltr tank.

Attachments

• image-1182412907.jpg
    image-1182412907.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 67
I have just brought an air pump to add more oxygen to my tank. The current air stone is creating large bubbles and in a strange way looks aggressive pumping / making the oxygen.

Sorry if that's sounds a bit daft! But basically if I get a different air stone would this steady this up or control it more so or is it controlled by the pump flow rate? It's only a small pump and a 100 ltr tank.

You don't need a air stone at all. It's for looks. I use to have one in my tank until the other day when it ummm.... Broke.... The wife likes it. I don't.

You don't need a air stone at all. It's for looks. I use to have one in my tank until the other day when it ummm.... Broke.... The wife likes it. I don't.

Man that air pump is quite finicky isn't it ;) lol

It's pumping very large bubbles and looks not like the ones u see going in the shops but have a feeling they just run fancy air stones yea?

What would u suggest the problem is or is this normal for something like a small ish tank and pump?!

Sorry that was actually a bit of an inside joke with dino and his ongoing battle of keeping the air pump out of his tank lol

Nah... Nothing fancy. Maybe it's clogged up?

That's the odd bit as its all brand new and just installed. Other problems i have though might be is the air hose two long as I haven't trimmed it down so its 2 meters long or is it when the bit joints it has a T piece outlet so pumping two ways?

Sorry for all the questions and cheers for your help :)

Can you take a pic? What type of pump and what is it rated for? Do you have your check valve in place?

How long is the hose from point at to point b?

Maybe some of these will factor in.

Just thinking aloud.

It's a 2 meter length with a check valve at the start about 6" from the pump and its a cheap one from eBay.

Attachments

• image-1462171122.jpg
    image-1462171122.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 68
  • image-2296025606.jpg
    image-2296025606.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 67
Well they seems rarther large yea would ideally like something with smaller bubbles as the ones it creates just looks just quite aggressive that's all

Well they seems rarther large yea would ideally like something with smaller bubbles as the ones it creates just looks just quite aggressive that's all

I gotcha. I don't think you can change the size of the bubbles. The stone isn't being restricted at all is it?

It doesn't have a stone on it just the pipe coming into the bit so might try getting a stone and see How that works out with it. Just wondered If because it has a T peice that its blowing the way it does. Cheers for your help :)

It doesn't have a stone on it just the pipe coming into the bit so might try getting a stone and see How that works out with it. Just wondered If because it has a T peice that its blowing the way it does. Cheers for your help :)

I think the air stone may be what your looking for and your very welcome.

Sorted :)

Playing with some different airstones but makes it tons better cheers

Attachments

• image-3366901882.jpg
    image-3366901882.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 44
  • image-1680029872.jpg
    image-1680029872.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 64
If your air pump is on the floor, make sure you're using a check valve. Water can back up through the airline and cause a mess.

Back
Top Bottom