AIR pump made for a 60 gallon on a 20 gallon..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NonExistant

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I am planning on getting a Eheim 200 air pump for my 20 gallon high but it is made for a 60 gallon. Can I still use it ? And also will it create to much airflow for guppies

Hi I am planning on getting a Eheim 200 air pump for my 20 gallon high but it is made for a 60 gallon. Can I still use it ? And also will it create to much airflow for guppies

It has adjustable settings for each port, so should be good.

I had an air pump made for a 40 on my 29 gallon & it stressed out my guppies. They stopped eating the minute I added the air stone & both of them ended up dying. I am also running an AC 70 so it might be that the current was too powerful for them. Either way I ended up returning the air stone. I don't think I'll be adding an air pump any time soon.

I had an air pump made for a 40 on my 29 gallon & it stressed out my guppies. They stopped eating the minute I added the air stone & both of them ended up dying. I am also running an AC 70 so it might be that the current was too powerful for them. Either way I ended up returning the air stone. I don't think I'll be adding an air pump any time soon.

I don't think the air stones were your main problem.

To the OP
Any oversized air pump can be used on a smaller tank, the trick Ive used was to buy a 2 way valve, one where your air line enters and gets split into two lines with adjustable flow. Connect air line tube to one output and into your tank, you can keep the second output open, adjust flow until you have the desired airflow into the tank and then let the excess blow out into the air from the second valve.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

To the OP
Any oversized air pump can be used on a smaller tank, the trick Ive used was to buy a 2 way valve, one where your air line enters and gets split into two lines with adjustable flow. Connect air line tube to one output and into your tank, you can keep the second output open, adjust flow until you have the desired airflow into the tank and then let the excess blow out into the air from the second valve.

Agreed.

I don't think the air stones were your main problem.

To the OP

There we go

Back
Top Bottom