Air Pump Not Starting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AnimalKrazed

Aquarium Advice Activist
I went out and bought a Tetra Whisper Air Pump 10 to help aerate the breeder box I have, containing some Cory eggs. However, when I’d set it up as instructed the pump didn’t start at all. I’ve tried to find advice on what to do online but nothing really fits the situation. I mean, it’s Brand spanking New, but it just failed to operate. :confused:Really disappointing because this is my first time trying to use an air pump like this. Poor showing for Tetra, all I can say. And it is on Tetra because everything else I bought for this works, the pump literally just won’t start.:banghead:

I’m thinking of getting a screwdriver to look into the guts of the machine to see if I can’t find something visibly wrong before taking the pump itself back to where I got it and getting advice from the seller. I have friends that know them as being a pretty nice guy. Theyre the ones in charge of the nice, Mom & Pop style store I got this pump from, so I’m pretty sure they’re trustworthy to help me out.

Anyways, I’m just reaching out to hear your advice on this matter before I head out on an 1hr+ drive to reach the store I got it from.

Won't they let you exchange it or refund your money?
I only got a chance to try it out late last night after things had closed up. They’ll probably offer to exchange it or refund when I take it to them. I’m just curious as to why the pump never started in the first place.

Tetra makes cheap pumps. I'd just exchange it and call it good.
Just got back from taking it in and exchanging it. Both myself and the manager couldn’t figure out what was up with that one filter. Managed to get ahold of a working one.

Alls well that ends well.

Back
Top Bottom