Air pump with two outputs...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follicle

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just bought a 30–60 gallon Tetra air pump. I'm using it to setup up one air stone, however, there are two outputs. The problem is that air keeps coming out of the second output. Should I do something to plug this other output so the pump doesn't burn up?

Thanks!

its fine. you could always add a sponge filter with the extra output. great to move over for qt.

^^^ awesome idea, I had this same issue on what to do with the extra air line.

what size is air tubing for air pumps? 5/32?

Actually, I just found out that it comes with a T-valve, allowing me to connect a small 2.5" long piece of air tubing to each output, which is then in turn connected to the T-valve, which then has one tube running from the T-valve to the airstone.

Thanks for your replies, though! I may just look into that sponge filter.

^^^ awesome idea, I had this same issue on what to do with the extra air line.

what size is air tubing for air pumps? 5/32?
yea i dont run air pumps other then to power sponge filters. really there is no other use for them.

Actually, I just found out that it comes with a T-valve, allowing me to connect a small 2.5" long piece of air tubing to each output, which is then in turn connected to the T-valve, which then has one tube running from the T-valve to the airstone.

Thanks for your replies, though! I may just look into that sponge filter.
that works though its meant to shoot from 2 holes. restricting the air flow that much may not be too good for it.

Back
Top Bottom