Air pumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ywagner

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys wanted it just ask a quick question on whether or not I need an air pump for my ten gallon tank. I recently moved it and am looking for it to be as pretty as possible. I don't want a bulky air pump in the way. I have heard some discussion about power filters being able to oxygenate the water but I don't really know. Here's a pic (not done decorating btw)ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407170053.389296.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You probably won't need one if you have a HOB. Especially with a 10 gallon as it is rather small, you won't stock many fish in there anyways. If you feel like you need more oxygen, just lower the water a little so there is more surface agitation.

You should be good though. :)

Best of luck, - Raymond

They are good if you need more oxygen, if you have a good filter system that makes a lot of water movement you won't really need one, if when you put fish in you notice them gasping at the top quite a bit then I would add one in, only tank I've got an air pump for is my cory fry tank none of my other 4 need one and they all have diff filters,

Thanks so much! Glad to hear that, I am really glad to hear that I don't need one cause it would make it kinda ugly

Oh just another thing you can do, You can run the airline into the HOB if you need more oxygen too. XD

Back
Top Bottom