Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-04-2006, 11:06 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

airwaterice lemmon ro/di unit?

i have had nothung but trouble with my 75 typhoonIII unit, i live on a well the pressure guage would read 20 psi i would get a tds of 70 on ro water made, they send me a new membrane, and i bought a booster pump, when i got it had no directions so i figured out to adjust pressure up to 55, now i have made about 2gallons and still get a ro reading of 50,i called walter and left a pretty frustered message i want him to personally call me no e-mails,any body have problems like i

Old 02-04-2006, 11:48 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Walt at AWI has always been helpful. He's answered emails on weekends and holidays. You need to burn through 10 - 15 gallons before you start using the water. What is your tds out of the faucet?

I have about 215 out of the faucet, and 2-3 at RO and 0 at DI stages. I have the 100gpd Typhoon III and my water pressure is usually 40-50 (city water).

cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 02:06 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

my tds out of tap is 350, this unit is like 3 weeks old they sent me a new membrane,ad=nd di resin cause i wasted the firstbatch,i have made about 15gallons with the new membrane and get a tds of 50,i will make some more now that i got the booster pump and see if the tds of r/o comes down
Old 02-04-2006, 07:58 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to ReefRaff Send a message via MSN to ReefRaff Send a message via Yahoo to ReefRaff
definatly need pressure to force the water thru the membrain. I get about 100 lbs psi at the faucet.
ReefRaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 10:32 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have a thyphoon 3 and it is a great unit and Walter has always went out of his way to help me out. If you had any attitude when talking or emailing them that may be why its taking time to get back to you.
Crank the pressure up to 80, thats what I run mine and I have great results. It should be lower then 50 with a brand new unit, something may not be hooked up right.
you keep saying ro water, do you mean ro/di? these are 2 different things.

TANK PICS http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=98202
seaham358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 11:26 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

first off i never said there service is bad they have GREAT customerservice, i have been having trouble with the unit since january 9 the first few days i got it, attitude, would you be a little frustrated with A brand new unit that you just spend a lot of money on and bought a booster pump and still get the same results?i get 0 tds with ro/di water but i get ro of 50 the di resin will be used up very fast, i sent them a picture and they said the di bypass is on the wrong side of the unit, i am going to take more pictures and send them to them tommorow
Old 02-05-2006, 12:56 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular

[img]
Old 02-05-2006, 11:36 AM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

If you were trying to post a picture here it didn't come through. Please resize if necessary and post the photo of your DI bypass. We can then compare it our setups.
cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:33 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

I had the same issues with the Typoon III unit. Got the new membrance, but issue remained. Your DI will used up very fast and on my unit, my RO/DI water smells after a week. I returned my TYPIII and refund my money. What drive me to returned the unit is also partly due to Walter at Airwaterice that emailed me to look for other vendors where he mentioned that they have the rights to stop the dealings with me. I am very surprise by that comments through an email from Walter.

Since then I went ahead and pay the extra for the Spectrapure unit. I am very happy with my Spectrapure now. RO out = 003 TDS. My tap water is 350ppm.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:28 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Regular

i talked to walter todat and he looked at my pictures i e-mailed him and he thinks it is a membrane issue, that will be 2 membranes and he said if the membrane does not cure it he will ship me a new unit,great customer service, just the unit is driving me nuts, now i dont feel so bad everybody on this board seems to never had a problem with the unit

Tags
ro/di, unit

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com