Algae on my equipment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Callummm93

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi i need some help whats the best way to get algae of my wave makers filter ect other then regulary cleaning it can i take them out the water and treat them with somthing? Thanks?

Hi, do you know what sort of algae? I get black-beard algae (BBA) on equipment and use hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) squirted on (under or above water) to keep in check.

Hi, do you know what sort of algae? I get black-beard algae (BBA) on equipment and use hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) squirted on (under or above water) to keep in check.

Hi delapool sorry for late reply ermm you know what im kind of new to the whole marine aquarium thing its like a deep purplely redish type?

I usually get a bucket and add 2 gallons of RO warm water and 1 gallon of distilled white vinegar you can add all you wavemakers and return pumps and turn them on in there for a few hours after that use a toothbrush and any kind of algae even tough coraline falls right off leaves everything looking new just make sure you let them run in fresh water a couple hours before adding them to your tank

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom