Alge turf scrubber

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Travis55

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all. Ive got a terrible outbreak on my tank. A friend recommend a turf scrubber. Could anyone post pics of theirs? Thanks!

Hey all. Ive got a terrible outbreak on my tank. A friend recommend a turf scrubber. Could anyone post pics of theirs? Thanks!
These are great and its all i have for filtration,,,going on 3 years now..
There is a great thread in here too somewhere...

Heres my new one

FTMMWS said:

Heres my new one

That looks awesome! Would u mind explaining how u did this and what all u used? Would u take some pics? Id really appreciate it!!!

theres nothing to building an algae scrubber, all you need is a screen zip tied to piece of pipe with holes drilled in it a small pump to pump water and some low kelvin lamps on eitehr side

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHR2Us-kxRs&list=UUe1xo4_1nckoyWvUQQO0qTw&index=4&feature=plcp
Found it ,,just don't reply to it or bump it ,,i got a warning for doing it last time:confused:...should be a sticky IMO,,very good info...The guy who did it hasn't been around here much lately though..Has all you need to know ,,good luck(y)

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f20/algae-scrubber-basics-163817.html

that reminds me of the santamonicaalgae scrubber.hhhhhmmm same guy or stolen ider
Nah, its not a rip off or the same guy,while santamonica put the scrubber on the map ,so to speak(lots of trial and error by the way,and still making changes) the scrubbers have been around since the 70's ,,santamonica didn't discover or invent anything new,just made it more aware ...

Travis55 said:
I use my net and skim it off and the next days its back... makes me wanna give up and not even look at my tank...

That's cyano bacteria. Red cyano rx by blue life is a great medication. Remove all the cyano you possibly can then follow the directions. It should be gone in a week or less

Ibrahim said:
That's cyano bacteria. Red cyano rx by blue life is a great medication. Remove all the cyano you possibly can then follow the directions. It should be gone in a week or less

I looked it up. A little pricey but it does work good?

Back
Top Bottom