Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-22-2012, 12:36 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Ok thank you for all your help. I really do appreciate it.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:37 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikea213
Ok thank you for all your help. I really do appreciate it.
Np glad to help

Old 09-25-2012, 12:31 AM   #13

Ok so I tried a slow drip rate and now the alk is dropping more I have tried increasing the co2. It went from 3meq the other day of the posting to 2.5 yesterday now its 2meq. What should I do should I turn up the eff and the co2? Does more eff needed to hold the tanks demands with just more co2? My controller shuts off the co2 at 8.4 and on at 6.6. Should the co2 be cycling on and off or should it be running all the time but just enough to hold the ph?
Old 09-25-2012, 12:53 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Ok so I tried a slow drip rate and now the alk is dropping more I have tried increasing the co2. It went from 3meq the other day of the posting to 2.5 yesterday now its 2meq. What should I do should I turn up the eff and the co2? Does more eff needed to hold the tanks demands with just more co2? My controller shuts off the co2 at 8.4 and on at 6.6. Should the co2 be cycling on and off or should it be running all the time but just enough to hold the ph?
Is there a pump on your reactor circulating the water within the reactor?
Old 09-25-2012, 12:54 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
How many bubbles per second is your co2?
Old 09-25-2012, 01:20 AM   #16

One per sec. Should the co2 always be on? Or should it be turning on and off 3 times hr
Old 09-25-2012, 01:35 AM   #17

There is a pump on the reactor. I have the vertex Rx6 duo. Do you have a check valve between your bubble counter and the solenoid? Wondering if that's part of my problem I have the brass one. Wonder if I can just use any airline one if that's causing a issue.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
There is a pump on the reactor. I have the vertex Rx6 duo. Do you have a check valve between your bubble counter and the solenoid? Wondering if that's part of my problem I have the brass one. Wonder if I can just use any airline one if that's causing a issue.
Ok adjust co2 down a tad mines at 1bubble every 3 seconds then up the drip rate to much co2 thats prolly why it keeps turning off i run mine constantly my drip is 1/sec also if you can drip into skimmer compartment of sump the skimmer helps get co2 out of the water so it dont lower your ph in tank
Old 09-25-2012, 09:07 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Takes awhile to dial it in but once you do its lovely
Old 09-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #20

ok let me try that. Does your system have a check valve on the co2? Should there always be bubbles and the controller is just there in case it pulls to low? Sorry for all the questions

Tags
reactor

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com