alk issue with reactor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mikea213 said:
ok let me try that. Does your system have a check valve on the co2? Should there always be bubbles and the controller is just there in case it pulls to low? Sorry for all the questions

Kinda confused with the question yes mine has check valve to keep water back

mikea213 said:
ok let me try that. Does your system have a check valve on the co2? Should there always be bubbles and the controller is just there in case it pulls to low? Sorry for all the questions

Any luck?

I think so but won't know for another day or so. The last too days its held 123ppm on my Hanna checker. But I did my 2 week water change and waited 30 min and check it with the Hanna and it jumped to 140ppm so I don't know if it just hasnt turned enough water over or what. I'll check it again tomorrow not sure if 30 gal change would effect the alk that much on a total of 204 gal of water

mikea213 said:
I think so but won't know for another day or so. The last too days its held 123ppm on my Hanna checker. But I did my 2 week water change and waited 30 min and check it with the Hanna and it jumped to 140ppm so I don't know if it just hasnt turned enough water over or what. I'll check it again tomorrow not sure if 30 gal change would effect the alk that much on a total of 204 gal of water

Right on it takes a lil while but im glad i got one havn touched it or added any supplements in 4-5 months

Ok still no luck I went from 140ppm on wed after my water change to 128ppm tonight. I checked the eff coming out of the reactor and its at 225ppm and the reactor instructions says a value between 225ppm and 357ppm how do I get it higher? If I slow the flow my alk will drop in the tank. The controller is holding the ph at 6.3

mikea213 said:
Ok still no luck I went from 140ppm on wed after my water change to 128ppm tonight. I checked the eff coming out of the reactor and its at 225ppm and the reactor instructions says a value between 225ppm and 357ppm how do I get it higher? If I slow the flow my alk will drop in the tank. The controller is holding the ph at 6.3

Maybe try slowing down drip to raise all comimg out

Ok so just wanted to thank u again for the help I finally got it to hold. It took putting the ph at 6.3 and the eff at 45mil per minute. So now thats its stable how fast should I raise the alk up?

mikea213 said:
Ok so just wanted to thank u again for the help I finally got it to hold. It took putting the ph at 6.3 and the eff at 45mil per minute. So now thats its stable how fast should I raise the alk up?

Ya it takes awhile to get it dialed in now that its holding use a separate alk supplement to get alk where you want it same with cal use separate supp once you get it where you want the reactor will hold it for you raise 1 ppm a day will be ok

Back
Top Bottom