Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-05-2004, 10:24 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
All Glass Bowfront lighting question

Spoke on the phone with a LFS about a 36g All Glass bowfront. I will visit this weekend, but have a question about the hood.

Looking at the All Glass website with regards to the hood, I see the basic option to be a "deluxe full hood" that lists the lamp type as flourescent.

1. Not having seen it in person, I assume this has one (1) bulb?

2. If only one, and I want a FOWLR, is the standard bulb good enough, or should I replace it with something better?

3. If so, replace it with what?

I stand by to receive your wisdom

gear-head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 10:28 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to xxmoorishmanxx
i have that exact tank it is a 30inch one bulb flourecent, for fowlr it should be plenty, personally i am trying my hand a live coral and been fairly succesful, i use a jbj 30 in pc fixture with 2 65 watt bulbs, one 10,000k and one actinic.

xxmoorishmanxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:14 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
Just replace the bulb with a 10,000k bulb by coralife and you should be fine for a FOWLR only tank setup.
pecan2phat is offline   Reply With Quote

bowfront, glass, light, lighting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com