Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-09-2005, 11:59 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist
Send a message via AIM to born2chill
I have a Remora Pro for about 8 months now. At first I was having the same exact problem you were having with microbubbles. I put it to an end by attaching a sponge (now I have a poly filter attached) to the outflow of the skimmer with a rubberband. I still see some bubbles where the water for the outflow hits the tank water but the bubbles are isolated there and are not spread throughout the tank. Try it out, I'm sure it will fix your problem.

75 Gallon Seamless Bowfront Tank
Current USA Orbit 4x96 watt PC lighting w/ 3 moonlights
60 lbs. Premium Figi Live Rock
60 lbs aragonite sand
2 maxijet 1200 powerheads
Eheim 2026 Professional II Canister Filter
Aquac Remora Pro skimmer
300 watt heater
yellow tang, Large Blue Hippo Tang, Tomato clown, yellow watchman goby, royal gramma, 10 scarlet hermit crabs, 7 Mex. turbo snails,
2 peppermint shrimp, 10 nas. snails
large candy cane, supercolored zoos.

30 gal QT
2 penguin 200B HOT filters
150 watt heater
maxijet 600 ph
Bicolor Angel, Clown Tang
born2chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 05:56 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'll post a picture later tonight but I had a similar problem to you. I've had mine for around six months and it still produces bubbles. What I did though was get a piece of phosphate filter pad cut to size (note, doubtful it's got anything to do with it being phosphate type) and then put that in the area where the bubbles come out.

My skimmer has two areas where the water comes out. One of them is the "main" one which I would describe as being the normal area to come out, and the other seems to be an excess overflow area - this is where the bubbles are. Anyways, I put this in place and whular... bubbles goneskees!

This has the obvious side benefit of another spot of phosphate filtering, which I have a problem with if you read the other threads.

flanque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 12:38 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak
but the bubbles are isolated there and are not spread throughout the tank
Maybe thats the key. Thinking about it, it's possible that I have a problem with where all my "stuff" is - maybe I need to rearrange?

I'll try to describe the locations, if thats not good enough I'll post a pic...

At the back right of my tank I have my canister return blowing water along the backside of the tank to get water movement back there. On the back left is my skimmer, then just around the corner I have a ph.
Sooo, I have water from my canister pushing the bubbles from the skimmer into my ph which blows them all over.

How do other people arrange their equipment?
havefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 10:32 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak
I experimented tonight and just shut off the canister. I don't know if it was wishful thinking or not but it seemed like the bubble problem was a little better. Then I shut off the skimmer also. I do have bubbles entering the tank from the skimmer but after having it off for an hour there was still "gunk" floating around. I'm sure some of what I thought were bubbles is that "gunk". I don't know how else to describe it, it's just tiny pieces of "stuff" in the water.
I would think my canister would take care of that stuff but maybe I need to clean it more often? Right now I clean it about once a month.

havefun is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com