almost perfect

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artur

Aquarium Advice Freak
Thanks guys for all your help.Thanks to You my 7 months old 90 gal tanks looks perfect.All my fishes looks great and happy,my corals are growing and looks great.Like always there is a little but...I have just 2 issues,maybe because i want everything perfect...I posted a threat about this maybe a couple months ago,but i think i did not explained this too clear and i did not got to much respond.My tank was predrilled.When you facing the tank in left top corner i have too 1 inch holes with nice black fittings with plastic screens and air chambers.Water drains thru them going to the sump thru filter sock then thru external pomp<1260 AMP motors GEN-x PCX40 MAK4>and coming back to tank.The problem is gurgling sound in those two black fittings which sucks the water.Between the pomp and return to the tank i have a walve .I have open that walve only in 75% or less because if open full the noise is terribble loud.I asked the lfs people<they drriled the tank> and they sad they have no idea why .What you guys think?I could have better filtration if that pomp was working on full power right?Is the pomp too strong for it?Sucks to strong and makes that noise.I asked many people and nobody has any idea.You guys are my last resort!!!!Please help.The second question is about the same brand second pomp which is circulation pomp.That pomp is on the other side of my family room which is in the laundry.That pomp is pomping the water thru chiller and UV sterylizer thru tank.That pomp is so loud,my bedroom is above and i can hear her there.Is that pomp that loud?Can i buy other brand less noise?What do you think?Maybe Im just pain in the *** guy!!!!!If you can please help me!!!!I will post another thread on <saltwater getting started >because i think off starting another tank<i think Im addicted already:uzi:

Can you take a pic of the drains that are making the gurgling sound? Is this a regular tank (non Reef Ready) and your lfs drilled it?

I have the same pump, Gen-X PCX 40. It's the only external pump I ever used so I can't recommend something that less noisey.

pictures of "gurgling sound"

The sound comes from air chambers, last picture.
Thanks

Attachments

• DSC05755_2.jpg
    DSC05755_2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 56
Thanks Cccapt.I looked at that link but i still do not know what should i really change.Can i find more explanation somewhere?

Back
Top Bottom