Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-14-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Amazing skimmer suggestions.

Alright guyzz i need soms suggestions. We are going to make a sump that is about 16" wide... Our stand can only handel something less then 27" tall.

So i just need some really great skinmer suggestions, like i said it must be less then 16" wide and 27" tall, also it cant be a bajillion dollars... Haha any help would be appreciated!

Old 01-14-2013, 10:25 PM   #2
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Bubble Magus BM-NAC3+ Protein Skimmer - Bulk Reef Supply

Dimensions: 6.8" x 4.3" x 17.5"

The foot print on the bubble magus was the reason I initially looked at it, and I am glad I did. For the price, it seems to be very high quality and produces good skimmate. The control to dial in the water level is not quite as nice as some other models, but still once dialed in it holds very well.

Since your tank is a 90 (I think?) you might consider going up to the next model, but I think the footprint is the same even on the next model up.

fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:43 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to TheChad
SWC 160 Cone <--- Click

Recommended water depth 6-9".
20 5/8"" in height with a 9" X 7" footprint

'Nuff Said. Best Skimmer ever made, Hands down.

-TheChad
90 Gallon Drilled Glass Tank w/ Corner Overflow: 492w (2x 150w 14,000K MH, 2x 96w Actinic CF) Coralife Aqualight Pro | Custom 34x15x15 Sump/Refugium | SWC Skimmer | Coralife Turbo-Twist 6x UV Sterilizer | Maxi-Jet Power Head w/Sure Flow Upgrade Kit | 120lbs of Live Rock | 100lbs of Live Sand
TheChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:03 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChad
SWC 160 Cone <--- Click

Recommended water depth 6-9".
20 5/8"" in height with a 9" X 7" footprint

'Nuff Said. Best Skimmer ever made, Hands down.

-TheChad
Haha thanks for the suggestion! Its a bit pricey, but if i run into that money i will consider it more! Thanks!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:03 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort384
Bubble Magus BM-NAC3+ Protein Skimmer - Bulk Reef Supply

Dimensions: 6.8" x 4.3" x 17.5"

The foot print on the bubble magus was the reason I initially looked at it, and I am glad I did. For the price, it seems to be very high quality and produces good skimmate. The control to dial in the water level is not quite as nice as some other models, but still once dialed in it holds very well.

Since your tank is a 90 (I think?) you might consider going up to the next model, but I think the footprint is the same even on the next model up.
60 gallon! Thanks for the suggestion! Looks really nice and the dimensions are perfect!! We will definitly look into it! Also... Im a fan of the price
Old 01-15-2013, 12:11 AM   #6
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Oh ok then it will work perfectly. It does great on my 57.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:15 AM   #7
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Get it on group buy and I think it is 5% off. Plus win the SW POTM contest this month and you'll get another $10 off your next order
Old 01-15-2013, 12:41 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort384
Get it on group buy and I think it is 5% off. Plus win the SW POTM contest this month and you'll get another $10 off your next order
Ummm SO DOWN!! Thank you! Haha
Old 01-15-2013, 01:14 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to TheChad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel View Post
Haha thanks for the suggestion! Its a bit pricey, but if i run into that money i will consider it more! Thanks!
It's more pricy to buy a skimmer that sucks (not saying the other suggestion sucks, I've never owned or seen one of those), then have to spend even more money to buy a better one later, or even worse buy another once based on price alone and waste even more money, when you could save a bit longer and buy a good one to start with.

Like I said, I have no experience with the other skimmer suggested, I'm just saying from experience.. 9 times out of 10, when you buy one product over another based on price alone trying to save a buck, it's ends up costing you 3x more.

-TheChad
90 Gallon Drilled Glass Tank w/ Corner Overflow: 492w (2x 150w 14,000K MH, 2x 96w Actinic CF) Coralife Aqualight Pro | Custom 34x15x15 Sump/Refugium | SWC Skimmer | Coralife Turbo-Twist 6x UV Sterilizer | Maxi-Jet Power Head w/Sure Flow Upgrade Kit | 120lbs of Live Rock | 100lbs of Live Sand
TheChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:25 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChad

It's more pricy to buy a skimmer that sucks (not saying the other suggestion sucks, I've never owned or seen one of those), then have to spend even more money to buy a better one later, or even worse buy another once based on price alone and waste even more money, when you could save a bit longer and buy a good one to start with.

Like I said, I have no experience with the other skimmer suggested, I'm just saying from experience.. 9 times out of 10, when you buy one product over another based on price alone trying to save a buck, it's ends up costing you 3x more.

-TheChad
Well i appreciate the input! The thing is i already have a decent skimmer on my tank and im at around 5 trates, this second skimmer will be extra

Tags
skimmer, suggestions

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com