AMM. TESTS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoodFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Should I keep testing my water on a regular basis once my first fishless cycle is done??Or am I done testing?

i would continue to test that way just incase something starts to go out of wack you can catch it before it does to much damage. i do not test as much know since i have a good system between bio wheels and liverock i dont really have to worry since i have not add any fish i have a good balance. but you still have to watch when adding water with you alk and ph. so i still try to test weekly. but i think its best to test until you have your tank setteld and that way you dont lose anything and can stay on top of it.

as the tank matures, you really shouldn't have to test ammonia or nitrite often...it'll be mostly pH, alk, nitrate, and maybe phosphate and calcium if you have corals, or an algae problem. Oh, and SG of course ;)

oh okay, and waht is that suposed to be at... when i start my fishless cycle, will it tell me on the test kit how to test for it???

on your signiture it says u already have a hydrometer !!!!
that is for SG (although unreliable )(portable refractometers r spot on)
dont even bother with alk yet
and i keep my SG at 1024...permanantly.....(even for water changes)
just test amm ..nitri..sg for now..is all u need until the cycle is over....
when amm and niti = 0 (took me 6 weeks)
then test nitrate..(which will probably be high)
hit with a huge water change..get a nitrate remover in your filter media
leave another week...test again..hopefully u be good to go )
then u can test PH...alk...phos...(good fun huh ?) :lol:
hope this helps your testing question
good luck and enjoy your hobby )

oohh i forgot to answer your main question :lol:
the answer is yes )
at least once a week

Ok thanks cadinal most of the suff, i have in my signature and the others i just put there to tell everyone what i will be buying...but thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom