An AquaClear 110 Media Layering Query...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ArtesiaWells

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is it okay for me to layer the sponge block first, then the two small sacks of BioMax pellets on top of the sponge, in my AquaClear 110's media basket? Normally, I'll run two bags of Seachem Purigen on top of the sponge, as well, before the sacks of BioMax, but I did not purchase any yet...Is this layering procedure correct?

Oh, also -- since I recently set up a new 60 gallon for my fancy goldfish, and this tank is very HIGH in terms of its volume distribution, the intake stem on the 110 is kind of short under the surface of the water, whereas I was able to attach an extension tube to the other HOB I'm running on the tank, an Aqueon QuietFlow 55, so that reaches in deeper to the bottom near the substrate...is it okay that my AquaClear's intake tube is kind of on the short side under the water? I didn't have an extension tube for it...

Does this matter?

That media layering is fine. I use sponge on bottom, blue-bonded pad and pellets on top. One of the benefits of the AC110 is that you can switch media around compared to other HOBs. The tube length shouldn't matter that much

That media layering is fine. I use sponge on bottom, blue-bonded pad and pellets on top. One of the benefits of the AC110 is that you can switch media around compared to other HOBs. The tube length shouldn't matter that much

Hey, Slade!

Thanks for the reply; it's much appreciated. And thank you for putting my mind at ease about the layering.

As for the tube intake length, it's okay that the AquaClear's intake stem is significantly shorter than that of the other filter running on the tank, an Aqueon QuietFlow 55?

Back
Top Bottom