Another heater question - Titanium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
I have a 37G open top tank.

My present heater is 100W Finnex. It was working well for a long time, but it can't get the temp above 70F now.

Glass heaters aren't what I want in there, too scary for me.

ViaAqua Titanium Aquarium Heater, 100W or 200W because I don't believe there are and 150W appx $45.

and the Finnex HMO-150 appx $40

Also I am not sure where each are manufactured. I emailed ViaAqua, to ask, just a little bit ago.

As a kid we had a catastrophic heater failure and it makes me very nervous when using heaters which could cook my fish. I tend to under size my heaters. :/

Thoughts, opinions and comments welcome. :)

My only comment is that of the 5 I've bought I don't like any of them so I'm interested in a good suggestion myself. I need one for a 20 gallon, and a 5 gallon.

ive heard really good things about the Cobalt aquatics neo-therm heaters. havent had the chance to replace my stupid marineland heaters yet though. the neo's are what im going with

will check it out.

The ViaAqua email came back, and it is manufactured in China. Only 100W and 200W no 150, he recommended the 200W.

I threw in the Fluval and the temp on the tank is creeping up. I figure can use it as a back up for emergencies.

Still looking for the right one :fish2:

Keep the conversation up!

Back
Top Bottom