Another LED question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ice Man

Aquarium Advice Freak
My TaoTronics 120W LED stopped working just after 8 months. I am looking to replace it with something better. I am looking at Current USA TrueLumen Pro Dual LED Striplight Kit 36''. My tank is 30 gallons 36'' long with some zoanthids, hammerhead coral, brain coral and couple mushrooms.
Will Current USA TrueLumen Pro Dual LED Striplight Kit be enough to grow these corals?
Here is the link to the kit.
Current USA TrueLumen Pro LED Striplight Kits: LED Aquarium Light Fixtures

Also Petco has the same set for $292 with free shipping so I am tempted to buy it.

Any advice highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Eek...I'm not liking these reports surfacing of the Taos dying after 8-10 months.

The description says it will support softies and LPS up to 24" deep....might want to do some reading online (3Reef, etc) to see if others are using them and what their results are.

I went ahead and bought Current USA LEDs. Petco had good price on them - $266 for double 36".

I decided not to replace broken Taotronic. Sunvalleytek - vendor I purchased it from agreed to replace it for $35. Apparently newer model is $20 more plus $15 shipping. It would cost me another $17 to ship broken one back to the vendor - $52 all together. I didn't have much success growing corals under this light so it's time to try something new.

Those fixtures can grow anything, so if you weren't growing corals under it, it's something besides the light.
Mine are over 2 years old and still working fine.

How many units did you have over the 36" tank?

I agree also I've had mine for 3 yrs and their fine and have had any corals die cuz of using the taotronics

Back
Top Bottom