another lighting question....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Travis55

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all. I have the chance to pick up a 48" coralife double bulb T5 HO light for my standard 55 gallon tank. It has two 64 watt bulbs. A 64 watt 10k and a 64 watt actinic. I can get it for $30!!! My question is, is that a bright enough for a nem and some other small things??? I can pick up another 48" coralife light but its not an HO. Will the HO be enough? Thanks all!!!

Travis

For a 55 gal tank you need a 48" t5ho fixture with 4-6 bulbs individually reflected to be able to keep anything you want.

those lamps are 54 watts a piece, not 64. you could buy this fixture and then add a second, for a total of 4 x 54 watts. this should be ok. the age of the lamps matters also, and chances are if someone is selling the fixture for 30 dollars, the bulbs need replacing. good lamps are about 20 bucks a piece.

those lamps are 54 watts a piece, not 64. you could buy this fixture and then add a second, for a total of 4 x 54 watts. this should be ok. the age of the lamps matters also, and chances are if someone is selling the fixture for 30 dollars, the bulbs need replacing. good lamps are about 20 bucks a piece.

I saw that they were 54 after I posted. They need replaced. But the deal is too good to pass up. He can sell me new actinic bulbs for ten each.

some bulbs are better than others. some bulbs put out better color and more intensity.....just a FYI

Back
Top Bottom