another sump questiin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlackMagic

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm trying to conn. My 4 10g to one single sump. All tank r side by side.
Is there any way without using overflow for each tank?
I understand I can do one tank to another than into the sump.but with a overflow will it work.

i Drew a pic out on what im trying to do. it should show a better understanding.

the arrow = water flowing. without using any overflow/water pump is there any way to make water flow from one tank to another to the other n into the sump?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 85
Maybe if you drilled all the tanks and bulkhead them together, you may be able to get away with one sump, one overflow and one return???? Whats the purpose of 3x 10-gallon tanks in a row like that? IMO you can do so much more with one tank that is 4' or longer.

What's the difference between setting up four overflows or setting up three siphons and an overflow? It's really the same amount of work. Really, you should use overflows from tank to tank to prevent the flooding problems associated with a siphon.

Setting up the tanks in series, like you drew in the picture, will create a flood faster than setting up the tanks in parallel with four overflows. If an overflow in the series setup fails, you'll end up with all the return pump water on the flow very shortly. In the parallel setup, if an overflow fails, you'll only end up with a quarter of the return pump water on the floor.

I suppose it's possible to build a waterfall setup, but it'd take a bit of work.

Back
Top Bottom