Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-07-2010, 09:16 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Anti-Chlorine and General Tonic used at the same time: What will happen?

I poured 30 c.c. anti-chlorine and 30 c.c. general tonic into an outdoor pond. The water level wasn't what it used to be, so I had measured it to about 150 gallons or so.

I poured both of them into the pond at the same time, and was wondering what will happen to the fish that were in the pond? Will it cause any health-related problem?

I'm a bit worried that I had done the most disrespectful thing of pouring both mixtures into the water and killing all of the fish.

================================================== =================

EDIT: At 9:07 PM, it started to rain. I am now wondering if the anti-chlorine's effect will be reduced from the rain.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Since you have already done this, I guess you will be the one to tell us what happens! Have no idea what "general tonic" is, so I can't even guess what the effect will be. The anti-chlorine product should not cause any problems, by itself.

Old 09-08-2010, 01:21 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

well most people dont just pour stuff into a tank with out having any idea what they are adding. the dechlor should be about instant. rain wont change anything.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:27 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

After 1 full day, no idea what happened. Only thing I saw were: the fish were eating, lots of spiders were popping up, dead wasp, no frogs, a lot of leaves, and that's it.

General Tonic is an All-Purpose Medicine for Tropical and Freshwater fish.

Most people said that I need to pour one of them, wait 1 hour, then pour the other. I'm just freaked out about anti-chlorine making some nasty effect on the medicine.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com