Anti-Chlorine and General Tonic used at the same time: What will happen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Temp

Aquarium Advice Regular
I poured 30 c.c. anti-chlorine and 30 c.c. general tonic into an outdoor pond. The water level wasn't what it used to be, so I had measured it to about 150 gallons or so.

I poured both of them into the pond at the same time, and was wondering what will happen to the fish that were in the pond? Will it cause any health-related problem?

I'm a bit worried that I had done the most disrespectful thing of pouring both mixtures into the water and killing all of the fish. :(

===================================================================

EDIT: At 9:07 PM, it started to rain. I am now wondering if the anti-chlorine's effect will be reduced from the rain.

Since you have already done this, I guess you will be the one to tell us what happens! Have no idea what "general tonic" is, so I can't even guess what the effect will be. The anti-chlorine product should not cause any problems, by itself.

well most people dont just pour stuff into a tank with out having any idea what they are adding. the dechlor should be about instant. rain wont change anything.

After 1 full day, no idea what happened. Only thing I saw were: the fish were eating, lots of spiders were popping up, dead wasp, no frogs, a lot of leaves, and that's it.

General Tonic is an All-Purpose Medicine for Tropical and Freshwater fish.

Most people said that I need to pour one of them, wait 1 hour, then pour the other. I'm just freaked out about anti-chlorine making some nasty effect on the medicine.

Back
Top Bottom