any t5 ho equivalents to phoenix 14k hqi for saltwater set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coffeetwitch

Aquarium Advice Addict
i really like the look/color of the phoenix 14k metal halide bulb. i have a t5 ho fixture and was wondering if i could get some sort of bulb combination to create the same color spectrum.

while one option is to buy a metal halide fixture and bulbs, I'm not opposed to that, i don't know if i can handle the heat.

a few have suggested to buy taotronics led. but with that option i really don't know if i want to do that or not.

i currently have a 4x39w fixture over my 90gallon, i need to buy a new light regardless. for the sake of simplicity and avoiding argument lets just say led is out.

looking a 6x54w fixtures and 2x150/2x250 metal halide fixtures, but like i said, i dont know if i cant handle the extra heat of the hqi.

i could. i currently have glass tops on my tank to help keep evaporation down. ive tried doing searches that take the glass tops into consideration. do you know if that helps or hurts the heat transfered to the water?

if i did go with the 6 bulb t5 ho set up i was thinking...

front
ati coral plus
ati blue plus
ge 6500k daylight
ge 6500k daylight
ati blue plus
ati coral plus

thoughts? im not married to brands or these colors. i just want the growth ability and quality.

Back
Top Bottom